Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Why Not Me?

About a month ago I was writing in my journal about my dreams. Frankly, I feel very blessed and lucky to have what I have and am grateful for all my blessings, so sometimes it feels a little…selfish (?) or ungrateful to "want" more. I finally decided to just write down my biggest wants to explore the feeling and figure out if I really want what I think I want.

I wrote about my dream house: 4 beds 3 baths, 3 car garage, main floor master w/big bathroom and soaker tub, gourmet kitchen w/open concept floor plan, vaulted ceiling with wood beams, beautiful landscaping, multiple decks and outdoor kitchen in a wooded setting w/easy access to outdoor trails and activities - I went into quite a bit of detail beyond this, but you get the idea.

The very next day I got an email about the HDTV dream home - enter to win 2 times daily. It was SO AWESOME to open the dream home photos up and see the house I had JUST written about in actual form. I couldn't believe how close it was to what I wrote - it is only 3 bedrooms and only has a 2 car garage, but everything else was pretty much SPOT ON. I actually opened the pictures and read the journal to make sure it was as close as I remembered writing it - IT WAS!!

I actually get excited every time I enter to win and think - why not me? I have as good a chance as anyone else, why not dream for a few weeks about the possibilities? Someone has to win. It has been a fun few weeks dreaming and mentally kicking myself if I forget to enter one weekend.

If nothing else comes of it, I have been coming up with ways to bring some of the design and dream alive in my own house and I have really been working on organizing various spaces. Lots more to do, but it is starting to come together.

Dream Big - what do you have to lose?

I Am Grateful,
HB

Quote: "If you want to win anything - a race, your self, your life - you have to go a little berserk." George Sheehan

2 comments:

  1. I love it. I have also done this.....journaled in detail about my dream home. Pages of thrilling detail. Heck, as we know, you can't call anything forward if you don't name it, or ask for it. Right?? I also agree with the "why not me" mentality. Sometimes I don't even enter or try, because I have the habit of thinking and believing that I don't win those things. LIE! You mostly don't win because you don't even put your name in the hat.

    I actually won something recently.....I shouted for joy, actually screamed in delight on our conference call! I won two new Choffy mugs. They are perfect. Bright red like your back ground on the inside, black on the outside with Logo. Tina has had a pair for a long time (which I have openly coveted : ) We were on a training call......she drew from 13 names I believe.....MELISSA CHRISTENSEN!!! Man, what a thrill. fun isn't it??? Even for small things like mugs! Why not enter and get in the running?
    Yeah! Good luck on your dream home!!! It could be you who wins : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey - Congrats! Love those drawings - very fun!

    ReplyDelete