Saturday, April 19, 2014

Cabo San Lucas

WOW!! What a FANTASTIC trip. Travis did such a great job last year we got to go to President's Club in Cabo San Lucas. I think the pictures are the important thing for this post.

I took this right after we got to the hotel. We were starving so went to the outdoor restaurant for a quick bite before we started looking around the place. 


This is our hotel - All inclusive - we ate like pigs and everything was delicious.


This is our hotel room before we messed it up with all our gear. 


This is the view from our room in the mornings. We could see the spray from whales each morning in the ocean. 


This is one of 5 pools that were on the resort. We really only went to the beach and used one main pool, but there was lots of water to enjoy. 


Travis loved getting in the water at the beach…I just lounged around and got sandy. 


On our 2nd day there we went into Cabo and took a boat ride.


Loved the Pelicans - they were everywhere.


We had a glass bottom boat and could see fish and scuba divers near the reefs. 


This is Lover's Beach - the Sea of Cortez is on one side and on the other is the Pacific Ocean. 


This is a formation that is shaped like Cabo's peninsula (is that what it is called?).


I can't remember what this is called - I call it the eye of the needle - you can see through this hole to the Pacific Ocean. The water comes barreling through this hole in crashing white water waves. 


This is the famous arch and rock formations known in Cabo. The one on the very left looks like Scoobi Doo…that is what the boat driver told us…pretty funny. 


Seals are everywhere…and stinky.




Coming back to the marina there are certain boats the seals will jump up on and ride hoping to get fresh fish. The big one is Poncho - we were told he is the only one you can touch. The others will bite. The guy in the yellow shorts was sitting down when Poncho jumped up and he threw his drink in the air he was so surprised. It was hilarious because our driver said "There is Poncho - he will catch that boat" sure enough he jumped right up and we got to watch the whole thing. 

O

On the 3rd day we got to choose an activity - Travis went golfing and said it was the best course he had ever golfed at. I chose whale watching. Most of the 3 hours was spouts coming out of the water and spray going up in the air. 




But then this happened…My heart about leapt out of my chest. This guy was beautiful and jumped out of the water about 5 times. It was AMAZING!!! We were so lucky to see it. It was very difficult to get any real pictures, but I was able to get a few cool ones out of the 50 I took that day.





 This was my idea of a dream vacation. We RELAXED and just enjoyed each other. There were some fancy dinners and we got to meet some new people that we enjoyed, but the best part was waking up early to watch the sun come up, going for a lonely swim, dining out, taking a nap on the beach, going back for dinner and back to the beach or the pool. I couldn't make calls and was totally disconnected from my life back home after my 30 minutes of free internet access was over. I had no choice but to unwind…it was lovely and I am so grateful I had the opportunity to enjoy such a lovely place. 

This is the only photo you will see of me on the beach…we went from this...



…to a blizzard when we got home…it was bizarre. Even so, it is always good to be home. 



I Am Grateful,
HB

Quote: “The sea will grant each man new hope, and sleep will bring dreams of home.” Christopher Columbus

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! So perfect. Thanks for the recap. Your room looks beautiful. The seals super cool, especially Poncho, what a rascal, smart guy who knows how to play the game. The whales......breathtaking huh? I remember on the one scuba diving trip I took in college, we were out in this rubber boat thing getting to our diving destination, and right beside us (felt RIGHT beside us) up comes this whale and blows out of his blow hole. Pee pants. We are dead. We could be killed or tipped over with one little wave of this guys fin. But nah, nothing, he was just breathing and minding his own business, but talk about feeling small and vulnerable, but also in major awe.
    Can't believe you shared one photo of your self - feet. At least they were relaxing : )
    The glass bottom boat rocks! Good stuff sis!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Super cool story. Can you imagine scuba diving with one of those big guys? Total MAJOR awe!!

    I will be in Orlando on the 7th…will you be around that weekend to torture me with beach exercise? I'm sure I will die, but what the heck, at least I will get to see you in action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!! for sure. I hope you got my phone message. We are all in!

    ReplyDelete